Gaelic culture is famous all over the world - but what is it? This book is an engaging view of the story of music, language and the arts in Ireland from prehistory to the present day.
The book is a lively journey through ancient and modern Irish culture. It covers
* The rich native tradition that existed in preChristian times
* The coming of Christianity in the fifth century
* Ireland's 'Golden Age' of art and literature
* The nineteenth-century Celtic revival
* The place of Irish writing in the English language
* How traditional dance has been modernised to create phenomena such as Riverdance and why this is so popular.
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 26 January, 2017.